ISO 14001:2005 Environmental Management Systems Internal Auditor Training 2 Days Virtual Classroom 9 Delegates Maximum per training
28 Feb 1 Mar 2023
€549 Price includes training, all training materials, pre-course study materials, refreshments during the training where applicable. Need a quote for In-house Training email us today firstname.lastname@example.org
It is essential for modern organisations to have Environmental Management Systems auditors in place and to effectively audit them in a way that’s organised, systematic and that also adds value to their systems and processes.
This course will assist auditors, particularly those who audit internally against structured environmental management systems, to do so from a risk and process-based perspective to check for Effectiveness, Conformance and identify Improvement opportunities. This programme is applicable to both the private and public sector.
Who should attend?
• Anyone responsible for or aspiring to conduct internal environmental Management System audits.
• Management with direct responsibility for environmental systems and procedures.
• Staff responsible for designing and implementing environmental management systems.
• Anyone responsible for conducting environmental audits.
IQC will provide a “Pre-course” pack to all delegates approximately 10 days before the training commences.
As places are limited, book early to avoid disappointment.
Places cancelled within 10 working days of commencement must be paid in full. Substitutions may be made at any time at no additional charge.
• Describe the purpose of an environmental management system.
• Understand the structure and key requirements of ISO standards and environmental regulations.
• Interpret requirements of standards and regulations in the context of an audit.
• Describe the role of the internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of management systems.
• Understand the different types of audits.
• Describe the roles and responsibilities of auditors and lead auditors.
• Plan and conduct an audit in accordance with ISO 19011, demonstrating ability to plan and prepare effectively
• Gather objective evidence, through effective interviewing, observation, sampling and note taking.
• Analyse and interpret information to determine conformance with requirements, effectiveness, and areas for improvement.
• Report the audit, including writing valid, factual, and value-adding audit reports.
• Undertake audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective actions.
• Professionally liaise with external auditors.
Day 1 (summary)
Management Systems & environmental Management Systems - Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle
Structure of ISO standards for example ISO 14001
Understanding process management
Audit objectives - Auditing conformance, effectiveness, and improvement -
Scheduling of the audit programme on key processes and not areas of the Standard
Audit preparation – understanding the organisation and its key processes
Checklists Audit plans Productive meetings (Opening Meetings0
Day 2 (summary)
Carrying out the audit…
Teamwork Collecting information Communications
Human behaviour Audit sampling Audit findings
Evaluating the effectiveness of the Quality System in addition to conformance audits
Virtual / Live Audit - Participants put into practice what they learnt on Days 1 and 2.
Writing the audit report - Taking corrective action - Management of the audit programme.