Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt – 5 Days
Virtual Classroom 2020 Dates Class Times: 9:30 to 16:00
"Taken from Financial Times Guide to Lean".
Location: Virtual (online) Classroom Training
In the current changed times for the near future businesses will be coming under increasing strain to deliver more with less. This is driving management to explore alternative ways of running their businesses.
For increasing numbers of businesses around Ireland, Lean is that alternative management system. Lean is a way of collective thinking to methodically stamp out waste whilst maximising value. It requires workers to transition from a singular focus on doing the daily work to a dual focus of doing the work AND being motivated to doing the work better every day. This necessitates the development of employees at all levels who think deeply about their work to understand the shortfalls and develop improved methods.
Yellow Belt attendees work on real-world business improvement projects to be implemented over the duration of the course and in the weeks thereafter. Past Green Belt projects delivered from this course across Irish businesses have demonstrated significant costs savings and value to the bottom and top line over the duration of the Green Belt workshops.
Course Duration: 2 Days
Learn what True Lean comprises in the context of quality and effectiveness of improvement. The course covers key practices and how to lead during a Lean intervention including management of change and frontline culture enrichment over a 2-day classroom workshop. This deep dive training is designed to change mindsets in the organisation and enable keen awareness of the sources of hidden waste in the delivery your company’s products and services.
High emphasis on A3 systematic problem solving and root cause analysis. Scope out and deliver a high impact project for your business in a 1 day workshop (on day 2).
Successful projects teams will be awarded Lean Management Yellow Belt Certification each upon project delivery.
Outcome: Practical working knowledge of the Lean Management System and a circa €20K year on year savings potential from each delivered Yellow Belt project per delegate or group of delegates. Workshop attendance of up to 15 delegates.
Day 1 – (class times 9:30 – 4:00 each day)
• Lean Management Overview
• Rapid Tests of Change: PDSA Cycles Exercise
• 13 Forms of Operational Waste
• Waste Exercise & Video
• Gemba Walks
• 72 Change Concepts
• Working with Teams
• Generic and Proven Roadmap for Successful Organisational Wide Transformation
Overview of Methods and Tools
• The 4 Rules in Use (The DNA of Operational Excellence)
• Process Mapping
• Mapping Exercise
• 5S Workplace Organisation and Simulation Game
• Visual Management
• Employee Visual Idea System
• Quick Changeover
• Standard Work using Training Within Industry (TWI)
• Accelerated Idea Workshop
• Kaizen Event: AIE Workshop
• Mistake Proofing
• Management of Change
• Select and agree on projects (and sponsors) to be worked on for Yellow Belt Certification Award
Day 2 – Project Practical Workshop (tying the projects all together into A3’s using 7 step and/or DMAIC approach)
• Who owns the problem?
• What is the problem?
• What are the symptoms? Impact?
• What is the background - What are you talking about & why? What are the current conditions?
• What are the root causes of the problem and 5 Why analysis.
• What is the specific improvement in performance you need to close the gap?
• What are possible countermeasures for the problem?
• How will you choose which fix to propose?
• What is the cost and benefit of the selected countermeasure?
• What is the implementation plan and schedule?
• How will you know if your plan is working?
• What problems are likely to occur during implementation?
• How will you ensure follow up & continuous improvement?
Places cancelled within 10 working days of commencement must be paid in full. Substitutions may be made at any time at no additional charge.